A Dermaplane treatment is an exceptional method of removing the outer layers of the skin cells. The result is smooth and rejuvenated skin with a hair removal benefit. This procedure is not traumatic and is a non-invasive way to remove dead skin cells to renew the skin.
• Please discontinue products containing any exfoliating agents (retinoic acid, tretinoin, retinol, benzoyl peroxide, glycolic acid, salicylic acid, astringents, etc.) 24-48 hours before treatment.
• A history of herpes or cold sores may require a course of anti-viral medication pre and post treatment.
• Your provider will recommend appropriate products to help enhance results and/or minimize potential side effects.
There is very little downtime with dermaplanning however the following advice is recommended to ensure you get the best from your treatment and to avoid any adverse reactions.
• You may experience slight redness and tingling, which should resolve within 24- 48 hours.
• Use a good sunscreen protection throughout the day your skin will be sun sensitive (recommended Obagi Medical sunscreen)
• Mineral make-up can be worn immediately following treatment, however try wait until the following day preferably.
• Avoid heat, saunas, hot tubs and sweaty activity for 24 hours; this includes exercise of any kind. Your skin can be more prone to irritation, so any kind of sweating can increase your risk.
• Avoid products containing any exfoliating agents (retinoic acid, retinol, tretinoin, retinol, benzoyl peroxide, glycolic acid, salicylic acid, astringents, etc.) for 24 hours after treatment.
Do not have any other facial treatments whilst undergoing your treatment
Do not use any exfoliating products for 1 week after your procedure
Do not use any sunbeds for 1 week
You may resume your regular skin care routine 24 hours after treatment
Whilst you will have amazing instant results, following a good skincare routine for your skin type will give better long-lasting results in the days following your treatment. This is because, by removing the top dead layer of skin and the vellus hair you are allowing your skin to increase the amount it can absorb from topically applied products afterwards… making it much more effective.
- If you are following a good skincare programme, then a course of 4 to treatments is recommended.
- Further treatments can be provided at monthly intervals.
Nicky will be able to advise you on other treatments and skin care ranges available at her skin clinic, to compliment the effects of the treatment.